- Getting Started
- Guides for Agencies
- Guides for Brands
Guides for Everyone
- Feb 17, 2018 Grow Your Instagram Community Authentically
- Guides for Influencers
Guides for Professionals
- Feb 10, 2018 Find Freelance Clients
Guides for Brands
How to Find Brand Ambassadors on Instagram
Last updated May 18, 2018
What is a Brand Ambassador?
A brand ambassador is a person who is paid by your brand (with cash or product) to promote the brand's product or services. Ambassadors can range in follower count from micro to top-tier influencers. They are already big fans of your brand and they produce engaging content.
Analyze your Account for Warm Leads
The best way to start your search is by analyzing your own community and finding warm leads. What better community to tap into than your own?
In PeopleMap, Search for your Instagram username and open your profile. Click Analyze.
In the Analyze panel, set Followers High to 30K, Followers Low to 3K. Then sort by Engagement: High so the first accounts that you see in your results are the ones with real, authentic communities.
If you like what you see, add specific accounts to a list named Brand Ambassador: Leads.
TIP: By adding these brand ambassadors to a lead list, you can organize your funnels of communication. Once an account becomes a brand ambassador (after you email or DM them), you can move that account to a Confirmed Ambassadors list.
Cross check your results. Maybe set Followers High to 100k, or even Followers Low to 0. You never know who you'll discover.
Upload your Customer List
If you run an eCommerce site, add an Instagram Username field at Checkout and/or Add to Cart. Once you begin collecting usernames, you can import this list into PeopleMap. You can also export lists.
IMPORTING DIRECTLY INTO A LIST
- Select the list you want to import Instagram accounts into
- In the List Detail panel, click the Cloud Icon in the list header (to the right of the list name)
- In your spreadsheet, select the cells with the Instagram usernames you want to import. We accept usernames in any of these formats (even mixed formats in the same import):
- Copy those cells
- Paste that into the text box in PeopleMap
- Click Import.
Once the importer has checked and imported every account, you can click See Your List to get your updated list. If an account is private or age-restricted, it won’t be imported to your list. PeopleMap only has access to public profiles.
Filter your Brand Hashtag
For a brand, working with organic brand ambassadors is the easiest way to amplify reach. But how do you find the right ambassador? And how do you know if they're "real"? Let's say you're @Reformation and you're looking for brand ambassadors to rep your latest collection.
Search for #reformation in PeopleMap. You'll probably see 10s of thousands of posts!
- Time to filter. Set Min. likes to 200 so we're looking at posts with decent engagement from micro-influencers and above.
- Click Filter. The filtering process could take a few minutes for this many posts. Don't close your browser tab.
- Browse the posts and click any photo that fits the Reformation brand.
- Then click the profile pic next to the post caption to show their profile in PeopleMap. Check their numbers and scroll through their feed. You're looking for 2% engagement and up.
- If you like what you see, add this user to a List named Brand Ambassador. Add the photo to a Post List named Regram. To keep track of posts from this account in the future, add it to a Campaign named Organic Brand Ambassadors that is configured to track the #reformation hashtag.
- Go back to your Hashtag results in the far left panel and click another photo (Step 4).
TIP: If you don't see multiple panels in PeopleMap, your screen might be too narrow. If you're on your phone, switch to your laptop. If your browser window is tiny, make it wider.
Maintain Brand Loyalty with Email Notifications
Giving your brand ambassadors kudos is a great way to maintain your relationship with them and foster brand loyalty. Their audience will also see you engaging with them, which shows that you take care of your fans. Try to be the first to comment!
How? Set up a PeopleMap Campaign with your ambassadors so you'll get email notifications every time they mention your brand in a post. Click the photo in the notification email and that'll take you straight to the post in PeopleMap, where you can jump to the post on Instagram.com to comment.